What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a facial treatment and method of physical exfoliation that uses a small sterile blade to gently scrape the top layer of the skin, removing any dead skin and vellus facial hair (peach fuzz).
At Dermetics we offer Dermaplaning as a stand alone treatment or it can be added on in combination with other services.
- Eliminates vellus hair and dead skin cells.
- Improves overall skin texture.
- Allows for better product absorption.
- Brightens skin and reduces hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and acne scarring.
- Provides smoother and more flawless makeup application
- Stimulates circulation and blood flow to support anti-aging and radiant skin.
- Alternative exfoliation process for sensitive skin types.
- Effective exfoliation for those who are pregnant or nursing.
- Inflamed and cystic acne.
- Secere rosacea.
- Open wounds or lesions.
Dermaplaning can be performed as often as every two to three weeks or when vellus hairs start to grow back, and there is no downtime required. It will NOT make the vellus hairs grow back thicker or darker. It is safe for patients who are pregnant or nursing.
Ready to give it a try? Add it to your next Botox appointment or book a standalone Dermaplaning appointment at Dermetics in Burlington today!